This charming New England Chapel in the woods is the ideal setting for your special occasion whether it’s a Wedding Ceremony, a Baptism or a Memorial Service. The Chapel is also a unique venue for concerts, readings and lectures. Please contact us for booking information and date availability.
Reserving Little Harbor Chapel
Facilities and Services Provided by Little Harbor Chapel
LHC, located at 335 Little Harbor Road, Portsmouth NH, will provide the facilities and services described in this contract on the event date noted above. The LHC is an Undenominational congregation offering Sunday services in June and July led by visiting ministers. Event rentals are available from April 1-December 15.
This contract defines the terms and conditions under which LITTLE HARBOR CHAPEL, hereafter referred to as LHC or Chapel, and [client name], hereafter referred to as the CLIENT, agree to the CLIENT’S use of LHC facilities as described below, on [event date].
Reservations will only be secured once full payment (including refundable security deposit) together with this completed reservation form has been received by the Managing Trustee’s office. Payment may be made by credit card or check. This contract constitutes the entire agreement between LHC and the CLIENT and becomes binding once submitted in full.
Call to submit payment by credit card: (603) 436-4902
Make checks payable to: Little Harbor Chapel
Mail checks & Contract to: Little Harbor Chapel Managing Trustee, 46 Autumn Lane, East Kingston, NH 03827
Submit Contract via email or via online form below:
E. firstname.lastname@example.org / T. (603) 436-4902
Reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis. Please submit payments promptly in order to secure your reservation.
- All payments (other than Security Deposit) are made as non-refundable deposits and it is agreed that this sum shall be forfeited if the event is cancelled.
- In the event of cancellation or date change, please notify LHC by email.
- Minor changes may be made, with prior approval, up to one week before the event.
- LHC has the right to terminate this contract if the CLIENT fails to meet or violates any terms of the contract, in which case the provisions of this cancellation policy also apply. The CLIENT shall not assign or sub-lease any terms, conditions or services contained in this contract or any interest therein without the written consent of LHC.
The LHC is a historic monument. Please be considerate of the regulations that are in place to preserve and protect the building and grounds.
- The LHC does not have a resident officiant but can provide a list of officiants if needed.
- The Chapel seats 70 comfortably – 80 maximum. Guests must observe strict fire laws demanding that all guests be seated and remain clear of means of egress.
- If seats are not available, standing at the back of the Chapel is not permitted. Overflow guests will be directed to, and required to remain outside of the Chapel for the duration of the event.
- The LHC is a “leave no trace” historic site. All decorations must be removed from the property immediately following the event.
- Battery or solar operated candles may be used.
- Ribbon or pipe cleaners may be used to secure approved decorations to the pews. Staples, wire, tape, glue, etc. may not be used.
- Miniature bells or bubbles may be used outside the Chapel to celebrate the conclusion of the ceremony. Tossed or scattered materials such as rice, birdseed, flower petals, confetti, etc. are not permitted.
- Flower arrangements must be in watertight containers, and delivered within the specified time for which the Chapel has been reserved.
- Runners may not be used on the aisle or altar.
- Interior furnishings may not be rearranged. The lectern & chair on the altar may be relocated for a ceremony with prior approval.
- The historic bell may be rung at the conclusion of the event, please confirm if you would like to include bell ringing as part of your event.
- A Chapel representative must be present for all events and rentals.
- The LHC parking lot can accommodate 20-25 standard passenger cars.
- Cars must enter the gate at the front of the Chapel and exit the gate toward the rear of the Chapel.
- No cars may be parked along Little Harbor Road.
- Busses or Trolleys may drop passengers in front of the Chapel and may return to pick guests up at the end of the event.
- All vehicles must exit the parking lot at the end of the event. The gates will be locked ½ hour after the conclusion of the event. Any vehicles remaining after this time will be charged a gate unlocking fee of $75.
- There is a single restroom in the LHC. The historic building has no hot water.
Heating & Cooling
- AC and heat will be available upon request. Please confirm use of the temperature control prior to your event.
Adhering to Scheduled Time
- The CLIENT will have access to the parking lot and Chapel for 1 hour at the start of scheduled Rehearsal time; and for 1 hour before and for 1 ½ hours after start of scheduled Wedding, Baptism and Memorial times. A ½ hour grace period after the scheduled start time will be permitted in the event of unforeseen delays.
- Setup and breakdown must take place within the CLIENT’s scheduled time.
- Please contact LHC no less than 2 weeks prior to your event to discuss preparation of the Chapel.
Sound & Lighting System
- The LHC does not have a sound system or additional lights.
- Security Deposit will be returned in full provided that LHC receives no damage beyond normal use and that the schedule, as described above, is adhered to with a 30 minute grace period. Delays beyond the 30 minute grace period will result in a partial refund.
LHC does not accept responsibility for damage to or loss of property left at LHC prior to, during or after the event. The CLIENT agrees to be responsible for damage caused to LHC by the CLIENT, guests, employees or other agents under the CLIENT’s control. Further, LHC shall not be liable for loss, damage or injury of any kind, to any person or property. The CLIENT, as a material part of the consideration of this agreement, hereby waives on its behalf all claims and demands against LHC for any such loss, damage, or injury of the CLIENT, and hereby agrees to indemnify and hold LHC free and harmless from all liabilities for any such loss, damage or injury to other persons, and from all costs and expenses arising there from, including but not limited to attorney fees.