This charming New England Chapel in the woods is the ideal setting for your special occasion whether it’s a Wedding Ceremony, a Baptism or a Memorial Service. The Chapel is also a unique venue for concerts, readings and lectures. Please contact us for booking information and date availability.
Reserving Little Harbor Chapel
Facilities and Services Provided by Little Harbor Chapel
LHC, located at 335 Little Harbor Road, Portsmouth NH, will provide the facilities and services described in this contract on the event date noted within. Established in 1902 as an UN-denominational congregation and currently operated as a nonprofit 501(c)(3), the LHC offers Sunday services led by visiting ministers in June and July. Event rentals are available year round with special access between December 15-April 15. Please contact LHC to discuss winter access.
This contract defines the terms and conditions under which LITTLE HARBOR CHAPEL, hereafter referred to as LHC or Chapel, and [client name], hereafter referred to as the CLIENT, agree to the CLIENT’S use of LHC facilities as described below, on [event date].
Reservations will be secured once full payment, refundable security deposit and snow removal deposit (Nov. 15-Apr. 15) together with this reservation form have been completed and received by LHC. Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card. This contract constitutes the entire agreement between LHC and the CLIENT and becomes binding once submitted in full.
Call to submit payment by credit card: (603) 436-4902
Make checks payable to: Little Harbor Chapel
Mail checks & Contract to: Little Harbor Chapel c/o Managing Trustee, 124 Pinehurst Rd. Portsmouth NH 03801
Submit Contract via email or via online form below:
E. email@example.com / T. (603) 436-4902
Reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis. Please submit payments promptly in order to secure your reservation.
- Rental fees are non-refundable. It is agreed that this sum shall be forfeited if the event is cancelled. Security and snow removal deposits are fully refundable according to the provisions of this agreement.
- In the event of cancellation or date change, please notify LHC promptly.
- We will do our best to accommodate minor event changes up to one week before the event date.
- LHC has the right to terminate this contract if the CLIENT fails to meet or violates any terms of the contract. The CLIENT shall not assign or sub-lease any terms, conditions or services contained in this contract or any interest therein without the written consent of LHC
Security and Snow Removal Deposits
- Security deposit will be returned in full provided that LHC receives no damage beyond normal use and that the schedule, as described above, is adhered to with a 30 minute grace period. Delays beyond the 30 minute grace period will result in a partial refund.
- If snow removal services are not utilized, deposit will be refunded in full.
Adhering to Scheduled Time
- The CLIENT will have access to the parking lot and Chapel for 1 hour at the start of scheduled Rehearsal time; and for 1 hour before and for 1 ½ hours after start of scheduled Wedding time. For Baptisms and Memorials the parking lot and Chapel will be open ½ hour before and for 1 hour after the scheduled start. A ½ hour grace period after the scheduled start time will be permitted in the event of unforeseen delays.
- Setup and cleanup must take place within the CLIENT’s scheduled time.
- Please contact LHC within 2 weeks of your event to finalize details.
The LHC is a historic monument. Please be considerate of the regulations that are in place to preserve and protect the building and grounds.
- LHC does not have a resident officiant. All guest officiants are welcome.
- The Chapel seats up to 80 guests. Strict fire laws demand that all guests be seated and remain clear of means of egress.
- Due to fire safety codes, standing at the back of the Chapel is not permitted. Overflow guests will be directed to, and required to remain outside of the Chapel for the duration of the event.
- No food, drink or gum permitted inside the Chapel. Please help us preserve the historic Chapel and prevent uninvited pests!
- Absolutely NO SMOKING on Chapel property.
- The LHC is a “leave no trace” historic site. All decorations must be removed from the property immediately following the event.
- Battery or solar operated candles may be used.
- Only ribbon or pipe cleaners may be used to secure approved decorations to the pews.
- Miniature bells or bubbles may be used outside the Chapel to celebrate the conclusion of the ceremony. Tossed or scattered materials such as rice, birdseed, flower petals, confetti, etc. are not permitted.
- Flower arrangements must be in watertight containers, and delivered within the specified time for which the Chapel has been reserved.
- Runners may not be used on the aisle or altar.
- Interior furnishings may not be rearranged. The lectern & chair on the altar may be relocated for a ceremony with prior approval.
- We welcome you to include a ringing of the historic bell as part of your event. Please inquire!
- A Chapel representative will be present for the duration of all events and rentals.
- The LHC parking lot can accommodate 30 standard passenger cars.
- Cars must enter the gate at the front of the Chapel and exit the gate toward the rear of the Chapel. We encourage backing into parking spots.
- Busses or Trolleys may drop passengers in front of the Chapel and may return to collect guests at the end of the event but may not remain parked on Little Harbor Road. ⧫ All vehicles must exit the parking lot at the end of the event. The gates will be locked ½ hour after the scheduled conclusion of the event. Any vehicles remaining after this time will be charged a gate unlocking fee of $150.
- Please inquire about our accessibility accommodations.
- There is a single, non-handicapped accessible restroom in the LHC. Due to the historic nature of the building, water is not available from December 15-April 15.
Heating & Cooling
- AC and heat will maintain comfortable temperatures inside as outside temperatures dictate.
Sound & Lighting System
- The LHC does not have a sound system or additional lighting. Please inquire about the use of audio/visual equipment.
- The LHC does not currently have WiFi however there is excellent cell coverage from all major providers.
LHC does not accept responsibility for damage to or loss of property left at LHC prior to, during or after the event. Further, LHC shall not be liable for loss, damage or injury of any kind, to any person or property. The CLIENT agrees to be responsible for damage caused to LHC by the CLIENT, guests, employees or other agents under the CLIENT’s control. The CLIENT, as a material part of the consideration of this agreement, hereby waives on its behalf all claims and demands against LHC for any such loss, damage, or injury of the CLIENT, and hereby agrees to indemnify and hold LHC free and harmless from all liabilities for any such loss, damage or injury to other persons, and from all costs and expenses arising there from, including but not limited to attorney fees.